As the goal of Drag and Drop Uploading is finished the development changes now to the front end side.The code will be rewritten to match standard J3x behavior so user can override layouts by them self. So old css layouts shall still exist. Parallel we will add new responsible layouts which can be swlectet as menu or in modules and plugins.
We will keep in mind that a transition to J!4 is due shortly. Sadly the change to J!3x is the basis for this. For J4x we may or better we are willing to throw out ild legacy code.
Currently i am working on the revision of the complete documentation.
Some parts must be updated to match the latest version of the software.
Ok, some parts may still be unclear when I'm done, but in general it should cover the backend pretty much
The next develop step may be the move of the configuratio to the standard place in Joomla!
* It is now possible to upload files with drag and drop.
* You may turn or flip the image afterwards
1. Select an existing gallery
2. Drag and drop a batch of files into the drag area (tried more the 40 at once)
A window with all actually uploaded images will appear where you can change the title and description
The images can be turned or flipped there also.
After some hard work a beta version of the drag and drop upload function will be ready soon.
In the following image you may see a preview of the upload page with ten uploaded images
To get rid of old parts loading too much bytes we need to replace the second upload pages. So we look if it is feasible to apply drag and drop of images upload. This will need some time if the effort is not too great and can be done in a timely manner.
The gallery list view did not display child galleries direct below parent galleries. Now the ordering of galleries will sort child galleries direct after parents so if sorting by ordering the childs appear direct after parents before the next the next parent is displayed.
The next step will be a speed up of the backend loading. The new code parts which replace the old ones will be seperated from the "old" code for J!1.5-J2.5
Regards Whazzup (developer)
Actually the last code documentation is made for the next release. Which will be ready withing next weeks. It does improve the ordering of child galleries. On sorting by ordering the child galleries will be displayed (and ordered) directly behind the parent gallery.
- On the backside, now that nearly everything looks improved, the developer finds that the changed ordering do backfire for parent / child gallery use
- Using more then one slideshow displayed on one form (plugin RSG2_Plugin_DisplayGallery) will lead to artefacts in the display of the second gallery
- It looks like the slideshow parts are started in 2003 which makes them really old
- They are based on an old Version of mootols which has to be replaced completly by jquery
So there is more work ahead. The first two points are addressed now whereas the others will Keep the developer longer busy
After hard work for half a year the new release 4.3.0 is ready.
This is a major update wich contains all the development of the last half year
Now 80 % of the backend is redeveloped
The backend list views are ready for test installations.
Now a bit of home keeping is necessary. Then a test release will be compiled and then be ready to try out
The home of RSGallery2 web page and forum has moved from "www.rsgallery2.nl" to "www.rsgallery2.org" and "www.forum.rsgallery2.nl". The documents of the previous demo website ""www.demo.rsgallery2.nl"will appear here soon
Thank you for still staying with us
The gallery is in continuous (re)-development
Actual work (09.2016):
The Backend is in redevelopment to implement the style of J!3.x in the views as in the source file structure
- Pagination for gallery list view
- Pagination for image list view
- Sortable columns in gallery list view
- Sortable columns in image list view