Maintenance Slideshow configuration
Slideshow parameters can be changed here
Two files living within the slideshow code define the parameters and their values
Existing parameter and their default value are defined in section param.
The actual values are taken from this file. If a value is not defined here than the default value will be used.
The format is parameter="value". The double quotes may be omitted
The slideshow code files reside in path on the server:
Path to edit configuration form
Goto maintenance -> Use button (1) Slideshow configuration
Slideshow edit configuration form
(1) Select the slideshow to edit
(2) Section slideshow parameter
The variables shown here are definitions for the slideshow prepared in Joomla edit format. These and their default value are defined in file templateDetails.xml in section "param".
On "Save parameter" all values are written into the params.ini file and will appear in below section
(3) Section slideshow file
The values in params.ini file set the actual used values and overwrite the default. Here the actual values are displayed in "INI" format. The format is parameter="value". The double quotes may be omitted. The values displayed are used when the slideshow is shown. If the file (text area) is empty then the standard values are used. The file is filled when the configuration parameters are saved. Lines with standard values are not needed and can be removed.
The parameters may be saved by the buttons in the menu bar (1) or below the parameter area. (3)
The file area may be saved by the buttons in the menu bar (2) or below the parameter area. (4)
Reset to default values
Delete the content of the file params.ini in the below section and save it (button in below section). Afterwards save the parameters (button in above section). All default settings will appear in file parameter definition area.
Maintenance Consolidate image database
In cases where the upload got stuck you may get an error message but can't tell how far the process got. Here you can check the consistency of image references in database and files found in the images folder of RSGallery2
This function checks the links of images between image files and database assignments. It finds left over items like orphaned files or database image reference with missing file
How to get there
In "control panel" select Maintenance
There select in section "Repair zone" the button "Consolidate image database".
This will lead to a page where it is checked whether there are database entries for missing images or for images with no database / gallery connection
Result of checks
On opening the form or clicking on "Repeat checking" the system is checked and the result is displayed.
In (1) appears the list of files with "missing parts".
(2) Area with filename and check box to select images for further actions -> (7)
(3) Area with state of image. On green the item exists an red it is missing
(4) Direct action buttons. On click the task is performed on the file of the rows
(5) The parent gallery of the file in the row is listed and one of the matching images is displayed
Area with state of image.
On green the item exists an red it is missing (1) Each column indicates a file missing or existing
For file origin folder see configuration settings * Original folder: High resolution file. May be not saved on upload if prohibited in configuration * Display folder: File with defined resolution on upload. It will be used in slide shows * Thumb folder: Thumb size resolution files used in gallery view. * Watermark folder: This column/files will only appear if this feature is activated in the configuration. The filename in the folder may not match the used filename in database or the other image folders
Direct action buttons
On click the task is performed on the file of the rows Similar to the button in the header area these button issue immediate task on the image references(items) of this row
(1) Create missing images in row
(2) Assign gallery name
(3) Repair all issues in row
(4) Remove items in rows
More detailed description can be found below when the list buttons are explained
Action buttons for selected images
The above buttons can be used for selected file lines
(1) Create database entries
- Adds database references to the selected files
(2) Create missing images
- Used the original or display image to create the missing ones. If only the thumbnail is given it is used also but the result may not be very bright.
(3) Create missing watermarks
- If watermark is selected in the configuration watermarked files are created for the selected files
(4) Assign gallery
- Above the file list on the right side a gallery can be selected. On clicking this button the selected files will be bound to the gallery
(5) Remove items in rows
- Does delete all existing connected items of the selected files. Deletes the references in the database and the existing files. Here all obsolete data may be cleaned.
(6) Repair all issues
- This button fixes all missing references. It creates database references and missing image files.
Assignment of image(s) to parent gallery
On the right side above the image list the user can define the parent gallery to be used in image action. The gallery can be assigned with a button "Assign gallery" within the image row or for all selected images with the similar button on top of the page.
If Button "Repair all" is clicked and a gallery is selected this gallery is assigned.
"Lost" database file references
If no files exists to a "lost" database item the result looks like following.
In this case it is best to select the line and use button "Remove items in row" to delete this item in database.
Back door assignment of images to existing galleries
A indirect way to upload images to RSGallery2 is to copy of the image(s) to the RSGallery2 original folder. Go to "consolidate images" view.
1. Upload image
Copy your file per FTP into folder .../Joomla/images/rsgallery/original.
2. Create files and database reference
(1) Use button "Repeat checking" so the image is found
(2) If the image exists it is marked here
(3) If the image exists it is displayed here
(4) Select the parent gallery
(5) Select the line(s) with clicking on marker in front
(6) Use button "Repair all issues"
If all goes well then the line of the selected image(s) will disappear in the next display of the page
(1) Function buttons
A click in the grey area will lead to the named section.
More see below
(2) RSGallery2 overview Tells about installed version and tells about interesting RSGallery2 links
(3) Last galleries and images overview area Shows a list of the latest galleries and a list of the latest images
A click on credits opens an area where all the contributors to RSGallery2 are mentioned. More below
(5) Info about version and copyright
Enables the configuration of Image settings, Display settings and MyGallery settings
(2) Manage Galleries View gallery list , create new galleries, edit gallery, publish ...
(3) Upload Opens view for upload with "Drag and drop", upload "from Zip" or Upload "from server folder"
(4) Manage images View images list , create new images, edit image, publish ...
(5) Maintenance For maintenance exist a "Repair Zone" where content can be checked for consistency, a "Danger zone" to remove the component and a Raw database zone" to see more content of gallery and images list.
Area where all the contributors to RSGallery2 are listed. See parts in image below.
Finish it for good
How to remove RSGALLERY2 completely
(1) Use Maintenance -> Purge tables
This removes the database content and the image files
(2) Prepare the remove of database table structure
Search in admin rsgallery2 folder \administrator\components\com_rsgallery2\sql\ for file uninstall.mysql.utf8.sql. Edit the file and remove the comments in front of the drop commands.
(3) Standard uninstall
Use finally standard Joomla uninstall to get rid of all parts of RSGallery2
Page 2 of 2